Call Now

Toll Free: (888) 223-2545

Customer Service
Press 3

Hardware Specialist
Press 2

9:00 am - 8:30 pm
M-F Eastern Time

Results 76-90 of 131123456789
Sort by Name
The world of vintage hardware and antique restoration is resplendant with confusing terminology. Fill yourself in on the important terms and concepts here.
On Center:
The measurement on a cabinet or furniture pull between the centers of the screw holes or mounting posts. Also called center to center or boring. Also used for the distance between the bore holes of a tubular latch and a deadbolt.
Pan Fixture
A close/flush ceiling mounted or hanging fixture with multiple lights suspended via chain or rod from a large round or square pan
A low protective wall or railing along the edge of a raised structure such as a roof or balcony.
Parliament Hinge:
An “H” shaped hinge that is wider than it is tall to allow for a door or window to swing clear of the trim and lay flat when opened.
Passage Set:
A door set in which there is a latch but no lock.
A wide, low-pitched gable surmounting the façade of a building in the Grecian style.
Pendant Light Fixtures

Fixture of one or two lights extending from the ceiling canopy by a chain or rod.

Picture Rail Molding:
A piece of wood trim on which picture rail hooks can hang from the top of to hold pictures or picture hanging cord.
A rectangular column with a capital and base, projecting only slightly from a wall as an ornamental motif.
Pocket Door Pull:
A nearly flush escutcheon for pocket or sliding doors with a recessed portion allowing the door to fit in the wall pocket and still be pulled open and shut.
Privacy Set:
A door set which has a latch and a locking feature, ideal for bedrooms and bathrooms. Tubular privacy sets use a push button which disables the latch on one side of the door. Privacy mortise locks sets use a thumb turn to operate a deadbolt lock.
Push Plate:
Door plate which is used to protect the wood of a door which closes automatically and usually has a pull handle on the other side.
"Physical Vapour Deposition" is the process we shorten to PVD. It is a state of the art development which deposits molecules of very hard wearing metals on to the surface of the brass.
An exterior angle of a wall or other piece of masonry often being of large size.
This term is used for a pair of double doors which have the joining edges shaped so that one overlaps the other and creates a seal. For this application a lock with a special shaped face plate is required to fit this type of door junction. Rebated is also called rabbeted.
Results 76-90 of 131123456789